As much as I love my christmas stockings, it’s always good to have a selection of christmas cards, so I decided to do some variations on a theme. The theme being a “mini christmas” I guess. So here is my second teeny pattern of the week. Mini Santa Hats!!!
This is a very simple pattern, using basic crochet. Here is a quick guide to the abbreviations.
ss = slipstitch. ch = chain. sc = single crochet. sc n = do n single crochets, one in each stitch. Inc = increase, do 2 single crochets in the same stitch.
I used a 2mm crochet hook with thin acrylic yarn.
Miniature Santa Hat Pattern
In red yarn.
1.ch3 08 sc 3, join with ss. (3)
2. ch 2, sc into the same stitch, Inc x 2, join with a ss. (6)
3. ch 2, (inc, sc) x 2, inc, join with a ss. (9)
4. ch 2, sc into same stitch, (sc 2,inc) x 2, sc 2, join with a ss. (12)
5. ch 2, sc 2, (inc, sc 3) x 2, inc (15)
6. ch 2, sc into same stitch, (sc 4,inc) x 2, sc 4 (18)
7. ch 2, sc 4, (inc,sc 5) x 2, inc (21)
Fasten off and attach white yarn.
8-10. ch 2, sc 20 (21)
1. ch3, join with a ss,
2. ch2, sc 3, join with a ss
3. ss 3,
Leave a long yarn to attach PomPom to Hat. I use both my starting yarn and my fastening off yarn to do a knot on the reverse side of the Hat. I find this the easier way to attach the PomPom.
I’ll be using these cuties for this year’s christmas cards, but you use them for little gifts, dolls, finger puppets, keyring’s. Whatever you have in mind
I hope you enjoyed this Pattern. Here are some finished Minatures for my christmas cards, Here’s the link to My Mini Christmas Stocking Pattern .
Finished Christmas Card Design coming soon!